EFFAB is active in several directions: We promote pre-competitive research in animal breeding and reproduction, Technology transfer is promoted, we work on research related topics, and we are also active in sustainability and transparency.
- We develop opinions about research that is important for farm animal breeding and reproduction organisations (industry, cooperatives) in ruminants, pigs, poultry, aquaculture
- At the short, medium and long term
- In cooperation with scientists and representative organisations
- In a transparent way and in dialogue with regulatory, funding and societal organisations
- See among others: FABRE-TP
- Industry/cooperative's participation in research projects.
- Promotion of research results to be forwarded to/taken up by/implemented in the practice.
- In the Network of Excellence EADGENE (animal disease genomics), we are responsible for industry-academia interaction and technology transfer.
- To get into contact with the Technology Transfer Facilities please contact Marjolein Neuteboom.
Research Related Topics
We have developed definitions and general scenarios for sustainable farm animal breeding and reproduction, in cooperation with animal breeders, animal breeding scientists, specialists and organizations in ethics, economy, cultural differences, consumer aspects. They include:
- Animal welfare and animal health
- Genetic diversity
- Product quality and food safety
- Sustainability has been the basic consideration for the development of a Code of Good Practice for Farm Animal Breeding and Reproduction (Code-EFABAR®)
- Applicable in small and large organisations
- Applicable in cattle, pigs, poultry, farmed fish
- Adoptable or certifiable
- Applicable by individual organisations, or umbrella organisations